A core part of our mission is ensuring our members have immediate access to the latest industry information. Whether it's an updated wage sheet or safety accountability letter, our resource library is always just a click or tap away.
What A Trade Association Can Do For You
It’s important to keep in mind ECO-SMACNA is a trade association, not a union. So, what’s the difference?
A trade association is an organization founded and funded by contractor businesses. We participate in public relations, advertising, education, and other services that promote our industry. Our focus is to create collaboration between contracting companies with similar goals.
Our specific mission is to promote understanding, high standards, and good relations on behalf of our contractors with the sheet metal industry and the communities they operate in.
If you’re interested in joining our association or learning more about how we can help you, contact us today.
Specific Benefits Of ECO-SMACNA Membership
As the leading trade association in our industry, we offer innumerable benefits to our members. The following list covers a handful of them, but we’re more than happy to answer any questions you may have an additional advantages of association membership.
Meetings & Networking
- Regular Meetings: Our membership meetings keep everyone informed about current events affecting contractors and address concerns we all face as business managers and/or owners. They also include reports on local unions, funds and other items vital to area contractors.
- Immediate Industry Information: One of our primary function is to ensure members are always up-to-date on industry-related topics. We also offer an online resource library to ensure members have immediate access to important documentation.
- Networking Events: A connected community is a stronger one, which is why we hold a number of networking events throughout the year. We extend invitations to building officials and local politicians to give our members to opportunity meet and greet the community officials affecting our local construction industry.
Safety & Education
- Safety: We not only provide members with information on OSHA changes, but offer federal and state labor law posters, the use of an extensive library stocked full with safety training materials, and discounted pricing on all safety equipment purchases.
- Education and Training: Our educational programs are geared for everyone – member contractors, business owners, and managers can take advantage of a wide variety of useful programs. We also offer training for supervision and field personnel.
- Technology: We make extensive use of iPad technology and are an industry leader in iPad training. We take pride in being a paperless association.
- Union Representation: We’re partners with the Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation (SMART) Workers’ Local Union No. 33 and Roofers Local Union No. 88.
- Labor Relations: We handle negotiations and grievances for contractors signatory to SMART Local Union No. 33. Representation is not limited to negotiation – we help with any type of day-to-day issue. Our association is actively engaged with local unions to maintain a productive working relationship and better our industry.
- Government and Industry Representation: We represent member interests at the national, state and local government levels, as well as all industry levels. This includes the local building officials and municipalities where our members work.
- SMACNA National Dues: Association members are also members of the national chapter, and national dues are paid on their behalf.
- Our Local Reputation: We have clout. Many governmental bodies and organizations recognize us as the policy leader for our industry.
We believe a connected association is a stronger one. To that end, we offer a robust schedule of educational and social networking events that allow our members opportunities to improve their skillsets while forging lasting bonds within our industry.